Star Trek Classics mit neuen Effekten

• Im US-TV läuft Star Trek die Classic Serie nun mit neuen Effekten an usw. mal gespannt bin obs bei uns auch noch kommt. ^^

Are they changing the story like Lucas did with Star Wars?
    No. CBS say they are keeping with the spirit of the show and only improving the quality of the effects. Planets will look realer, ships will have more detail, but no changes to the narrative. All CGI shots will be the exact same length and respect the exact same directorial and editorial decisions made for the original version…right down to the placement of stars.

If my local affiliate broadcasts in HD, why am I not getting the show in HD?
    Although the show is being remastered in HDTV, CBS Paramount claim there is a limitation at the affiliates end in order to receive and store an HD broadcast. According to CBS Paramount, they will begin to offer the show in HDTV when more affiliates upgrade their equipment. Some affiliates and station groups who are ready have expressed a desire to get the show in HDTV, but Paramount say that they will not change their policy until ‘most’ of the affiliates become HD ready.

If I don’t get the show in HD will I see the difference from the original?
    Yes. According to CBS the digitally remastered show looks much better than the original version even in SD.

Will G4 and TV-Land continue to air ‘regular’ Star Trek?
    Yes, both cable outlets will air the ‘classic’ version of the show with no enhancements. G4 also run some episodes ‘uncut’ check their schedule for more info. In the future the remastered version will be made available and programmers will have a choice as to which one to run. It is possible that TV Land will stick with the classic version and G4 would want the updated version, but it is too early to say.

Why is it not available on DVD? / When will it be available on DVD?
    CBS are still working on remastering the episodes. When the 2 year run on syndication is complete is possible the remastered show will appear on DVD (and/or BluRay and HD-DVD)

Mehr infos zum ganzen